Prospecting is the single most crucial element in the business and presents the biggest challenge for most real estate agents.
Prospecting can be done in a number of ways:
- Contacting your sphere of influence
- Open houses
- Office inquiries
- Online techniques
- Handing out business cards
- And lots more!
The important thing to realize is that it’s not easy, but must be done consistently in order to have a successful real estate career.
Some other activities you could expect to do on a daily basis:
- Tour new listings
- Preview homes
- Staying updated on real estate-related laws and issues
- Conduct and attend open houses
- Spend ”floor time” at the office
- Attend closings with your clients
- Maintain relationships with your sphere of influence
- Follow up with clients and customers
- Prepare contracts for purchase and presenting offers for buyers, and offers from others to your sellers
- Complete market evaluations
- Show homes to prospective buyers
- Prepare and present listing proposals and marketing plans
- Facilitate communication between all the parties involved in the transaction
Do some research on becoming an agent now by trying our Real Estate Simulator, where you can:
- Play the role of an agent.
- Interact with virtual clients interested in buying or selling property.
- See how you measure up to the top performers in the industry.