A career in real estate can be exciting and very rewarding both personally and financially. Real estate agents are experts in the process of buying and selling homes, and their interests extend beyond the transactions themselves into the enjoyment that comes from working with people, helping families, and assisting communities to grow and prosper.
When considering a real estate career, ask yourself the following questions:
- Do I have a good sphere of influence and visibility in the community?
- Do I possess good communications skills?
- Do I communicate well on the phone and using email?
- Am I willing to contact people daily to discuss real estate?
- Do I build rapport with strangers quickly and easily?
- Am I considerate?
- Do other people consider me honest and trustworthy?
- Am I willing to take required classes and training?
- Am I willing to invest time and effort now to gain income later?
- Do I want to be rewarded based on my efforts?
- Is my family prepared to accept a changing, busy schedule?
- Do I present myself with confidence and look professional?
- Am I a frequent user of the Internet?
- Am I motivated to succeed—whatever it takes?
- Can I handle setbacks and solve problems in a positive manner?
- Do I have a lot of physical and emotional stamina?
- Am I looking for a long-term career?
- Am I willing to be flexible and understanding about client needs?
- Do I believe in quick response to all customer inquiries?
- Am I an organized person who can handle details well?
- Do I set priorities and goals?
- Do I enjoy making decisions?
Do some research on becoming an agent now by trying our Real Estate Simulator, where you can:
- Play the role of an agent.
- Interact with virtual clients interested in buying or selling property.
- See how you measure up to the top performers in the industry.